FamilySearch’s Microfilm Ordering service is your gateway to a vast collection of genealogical and historical records. The service allows you to reserve and loan films to family history centers and affiliate libraries. The loan is free, but there is a small shipping and handling charge for each film.
- Sign in to FamilySearch.org with the link in the top right corner. If you do not have an account, clicking the Sign In link will prompt you to Register.
- Locate the microfilm number(s) you want to order from the Family History Library Catalog located on FamilySearch.org.
Note: Before ordering any film, check to make sure the Family History Library Catalog does not have a digital copy online.
- Select your loan type, enter the microfilm number, and click Search. Repeat this step for additional items.
- When you are ready to submit your loan order, click the shopping cart in the upper right portion of the screen. You will then have a chance to review and confirm your order. After you submit your order, all films will be delivered to your designated family history center.
- Short-term (microfilm only)
Short-term microfilm loans have a 90-day duration, beginning when the order ships.
- Extended (microfilm & microfiche)
Extended microfilm and microfiche loans do not have a defined return date.
- Renewals (microfilm only)
Short-term renewals will have an additional 60-day duration. Short-term renewals do not automatically convert to extended loan renewals. Extended renewals do not have a defined return date.